Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daily Cleansing Routine and Ninja Assassin

I have been using this routine for the past 2 months at least and I have been fairly happy with it. However, my skin still isn't perfect or flawless, but I haven't had any breakouts and I've barely had any pimples except for a couple times due to stress. I have to say that I am fairly happy with this routine :]

I use my cleanser and moisturizer in the morning and night. I found that if I used too many different products every day my skin would not be as "happy," so I only use one main cleanser and one main moisturizer. I do "mix it up" every now and then, but I use only two products consistently. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser:



I like how it gives a very refreshing feeling after I wash it off. It helps me wake up in the morning too how convenient lol. The consistency is fairly creamy as the name states so you can produce a fine lather onto your face [did that sentence even make sense...?]. The scent is fresh and clean without that "perfume-y" smell which is nice. Every once in awhile I use Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser but I haven't really seen a difference in my pores so I'm not going to pose a picture of it haha. I also got the Neutrogena Visibly Even Cleanser and used it at night a few times just to see if it really does "even out my skin tone" but I haven't used it in about a week and a half but I do plan on trying to incorporate it into my routine.

The last (and only) toner I used was by Olay but I stopped using it during the winter because it started drying my skin and such. I might start using a different one again once summer starts, but for now I'm good with just a moisturizer. The one I use is Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer, Oil Free:


It says that it is a "salicylic acid acne medication" so I believe this is why I haven't had many pimples lately. I like how it is a very light moisturizer, but at the same time it dries my skin a little (probably because it has salicylic acid in it and stuff duh) so sometimes I add a lil extra moisturizer to my face from a different brand. If I'm feeling too dry, I use either Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion or Olay Active Hydrating Cream:




The Dove Facial Lotion is actually meant for sensitive skin which I didn't know when I bought it (I actually have oily skin haha). The nice thing is that I bought it around fall/winter so my skin was drier than normal and appreciated this moisturizer lol. My skin still ended up being a lil oily but that's just how it goes. As for the Olay Active Hydrating Cream, I originally bought it earlier in the year when my cheeks randomly got super dry from the weather. I put it on my cheeks for 2-3 days and the dryness went away fairly quickly :].

I exfoliate 3 times a week, two times with the IQQU Jasmine Rice Scrub and once with the Neutrogena Acne-Stress Control Power Scrub.




I actually like the IQQU Jasmine Rice Scrub a lot X]. It smells reaallyyy good (like yummy sweet rice <3) and the exfoliating particles are fine enough where it doesn't feel harsh on the skin (should it really be called rice particles?). I never feel like my skin is super dried out after I use it. With the Neutrogena scrub, the exfoliating beads are a tad bigger and a lil "scratchier" feeling on the skin, but it doesn't actually harm my skin. It actually makes me feel more refreshed after using it than the IQQU scrub. It smells a bit minty and I'd like to think it's because of this scrub that I haven't had many pimples lately :].
Sooo that's pretty much it for my cleansing routine!

I just watched Ninja Assassin again today (I saw it in theaters) and what a nice movie it is lol. I mean have you seen Rain's body?? ;] Not that that's the only reason I watched it lol I did enjoy the fighting scenes and everything too X].

1 comment:

  1. Hi! =) I haven't seen Alice in Wonderland either! Waiting for the crowds to die down...hehe. I keep on hearing great things about that IQQU scrub. I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete