Thursday, March 25, 2010

mini haul :D


Oh so on to my mini haul! I know so exciting first mini haul for this blog. hehehe. I've heard a lot about Maybelline's eyeshadow quad in Chai Latte from xteeener's youtube videos (if you haven't heard of her, you should watch her makeup how-to videos cuz they're pretty cool :] and can't forget michellephan or bubzbeauty while you're at it lol but back to the blog). I figured would give it a shot, so I got one for myself along with one of the Maybelline EyeStudio plush quads (is that what it's called?) in Sunset Seduction. So far, I have found that the Chai Latte quad is quite complimentary to my skin tone and the shades are fairly pigmented. In other words, the color pay off is pretty decent: not too dark, not too sheer, and the color shows up nicely on the lids. I also like how they're not all overly shimmery except for the bronze crease color. As for the Sunset Seduction quad, I have found that the shades are a little too shimmery for my liking. However, you can tell at once when you buy it that they're pretty shimmery so I really shouldn't be saying that :P. I do like the shades though. I picked this particular quad because of the pink and brown shades since they remind me of chocolate and Valentine's Day. I know it's a little late for that lol. I also really like the taupe color next to the pink one, but it doesn't seem to look right when I apply it. I mean, it seems to come out more shimmery than pigmented when it appears to be more pigmented than shimmery. Again, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment